In Auras 101, we learned that we have a subtle energy body surrounded by an electromagnetic field made up of several layers of our aura.
It’s also through this electromagnetic field that we are all interconnected. Because we’re connected, energy exchange always takes place all the time.
So we talked about protecting and healing our auras.
But, from what? Enter “Energy Vampires.”
What is an Energy Vampire?
Energy vampires are everywhere! They could be your family members, your friends, your co-workers and YOU may even be one yourself.
Another name for it is “Psychic Vampire” and we all know what vampires do! In this case, the vampire is sucking our vital energy, depleting us, and causing us to become unhealthy emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually.
That said, keep in mind that energy vampires are not “bad people.” They are simply people who are energetically draining and may or may not be aware of it.
What does the term Energy Vampire mean anyway? An energy vampire is a person that steals other people’s energies because they are living their life in victim consciousness and believe that everything happens to them. Living in this manner is very disempowering. Therefore, in order for them to feel better about themselves they need to attach themselves to another person’s energy field.
Psychic Etheric Cords
For an energy vampire to attach themselves to your energy body, they form cords attaching the two of you together. These cords are not visible to the naked eye but they can be seen with the psychic third eye.
When they need a boost, they unconsciously steal your energy instead of using their own. These cords are also like highways and run both ways! That means that you will also receive their energy whether it’s positive or negative.
If they have a headache, you may also develop a headache. If they’re depressed, you may become depressed. If they’re angry, you may become angry, and so on.
As you can see, this can be very detrimental to your health. At an unconscious level, you have allowed the vampire or vampires to attach themselves to your energy body through these cords.
These cords prevent you from really being the real you! It is imperative that these cords are severed and sometimes a spiritual purification is required for your well-being and also for the growth of the other person.
Who are Energy Vampires?
How do we recognize an energy vampire? Some traits of the disempowered energy stealer are:
- Feels lonely or abandoned
- Feels they have been rejected
- Needs constant reassurance
- Never feels satisfied
- Doesn’t like to be alone
- Seeks nurturing or feels they need to be taken care of
- Low energy and fatigued
- They have a “poor me” attitude
- A drama king or queen
- Constant talker that never allows you to speak
- Needs you to be their therapist or rescuer fixing their problems
- Has victim mentality
- Blames everyone and everything else for their unhappiness
- Tries controlling you or your life
- Manipulates you to get things their way
How do I know if I am being psychically attacked? You may experience:
- Loss of energy
- Muscle tension
- Mental confusion
- Chronic fatigue
- Sleep disturbances
- Depressed mood
- Physical illness
- Small diminishing aura
- Leaks, holes, or tears in your aura
Unfortunately, too many people are simply not aware of their energetic bodies and how they operate.
Once people start taking responsibility for creating their own lives and taking back their personal power, this will not be as prevalent. Granted other conditions also can be the cause of these symptoms besides being energetically attacked.
Either way, it is detrimental to your health, in all areas of your energetic being, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
How to Protect From Energy Vampires?
How do I protect myself from this? First, you need to become aware of which individuals deplete your energy and limit your contact with them.
But simply not being in their physical presence does not stop them from draining you.
You need to release all the negative emotions that you carry within yourself. If you hold anger, hurt, jealousy, etc. inside your being, it’s like you’re shackled to a ball and chain, holding you hostage with your own creation.
Releasing all negative emotions brings freedom as fear is the robber of peace. Why must we do this? Because any disharmony in our energetic bodies will cause us to be vulnerable to psychic attacks.
Being aware of this is empowering. Simply take the steps to protect yourself. Psychic attacks consist of anything that is of a lower/heavier vibration such as anger, fear, depression, jealousy, hatred, etc. When angry thoughts are directed at you, they can penetrate your weak and vulnerable areas like arrows. What happens is they take away your clarity and fill you with confusion and drain your energy.
The following are some tools to empower yourself from Energy Vampires:
Here is a simple cord-cutting exercise. Cord cutting should be done on a daily basis and much more often when we are going through a stressful period in our life. These cords should be cut from our loved ones as well.
- Take some deep cleansing breaths through your nose. Call upon your Spirit Guides and ask for assistance in cutting all cords that are attached to your being. Visualize your Spirit Guide’s positive energy swirling around your entire being severing all the cords. Know that no cord can remain intact and they are returning to where they came from. When you feel the process is complete, thank your Spirit Guides for their assistance.
Here are some physical steps for purification:
- Burn all relevant photographs or objects holding memories of the person, place, or situation.
- Write down all feelings of frustration, anger, hurt, fear, etc., and burn the paper or bury it. Repeat this step as often as necessary.
- Clear all the clutter from every room of your home. Clutter saps your energy, too. Rule of thumb: if you haven’t used it in 6 months, it’s not likely you will. Get rid of it.
- Clean and if necessary redecorate your home. Bringing nature indoors is a wonderful way to uplift the energy of your place.
- Remove books from your bookshelves or pictures from your walls that have negative energy. Surround yourself with high-vibrational objects, spiritual books, spiritual pictures, plants, fresh flowers, etc.
- Smudge with sage, cedar, and sweetgrass and invoke the help of your Higher Self and your Spirit Guides.
- Cleanse and purify your crystals and set an intention for healing.
- Light candles and use high vibrational pure essential oils.
If you haven’t already, you can also incorporate the practices we’ve discussed in protecting and healing your aura.
You now have the tools and knowledge to take back your personal power. I invite you to empower yourself starting today!